Afternoon Public Talk: Developing Our Minds to Improve Our Lives
with Khenchen Tsultrim Lodro Rinpoche
Katog Vajra Ling, Hartford, Connecticut
May 7, 2016
Time: From 2pm to 5pm
Location: St. Thomas Seminary, Bloomfield, CT (15 min from Hartford, CT)
Please click here to register
This event is free but donations are welcome at the door. All donations go towards Khenchen Rinpoche's programs for saving the lives of animals. The weekend seminar is closed for registration, but space is still available for the public talk by Khenchen Tsultrim Lodrö, one of the most influential Tibetan Buddhist teachers in Asia today. Khentrul Rinpoche really encourages us to take advantage of this rare opportunity. He will speak about the need for both outer and inner development, and how inner development has the greater impact in transforming our lives.
- Khenchen Rinpoche teaches dharma worldwide, and is a frequent guest lecturer at schools such as Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, and Beijing University
- As head of the Larung Five Sciences Buddhist Academy in Sertha Larung, Tibet, he oversees the largest monetary in the world, with over 15,000 monastics
- He has founded elementary schools, the Novice Monk Schools, various nursing homes and the Initiation of Loving Heart movement, which encourages Buddhists to help the needy
- Is responsible for the publication of over 100 dharma books
- Has coordinated scholars from all regions of Tibet
- Promotes environmental awareness and vegetarianism
According to Khentrul Rinpoche, "Not only are Khenchen's activities for benefiting others the most extensive amongst my teacher's students," says Khentrul, but he is extremely erudite, holds the vows purely, and embodies bodhichitta. To have the extraordinary good fortune to meet this khenpo and to make a dharma connection with him is extremely rare, even in Tibet. It would take an enormous amount of merit. Please join me for this special opportunity."