Katog Choling Donor Program
That which liberates the knots of attachment and stinginess,
Extracts the essence from illusory wealth,
And becomes a great treasury of benefit for ourselves and others—
The practice of pure generosity—may it be perfected.
If even the giving of a single small flower becomes an offering, and like the example of the power of connection in how one drop of water merges with the entire ocean, without judging the size of a donation, all offerings are endowed with merit that moves the waves of benefit for beings. As it is said,
A gathering of many small parts can become a great whole.
When we reflect upon it, if we were to give away even half the price of what we spend on a single cup of tea or coffee a day, how much benefit for others could we accrue over time?
In this way, please help by regularly tossing seeds into this jeweled vessel of benefit for others. Any virtue accumulated through this, dedicate to the benefit of all and make aspirations on their behalf.
~ Khentrul Lodrö Thayé Rinpoche
General donations to Katog Choling help support:
- Tibet: Katog Mardo Tashi Choling Monastery.
- United States: Operating costs of Katog Choling and Katog Rit'hröd (mountain retreat center).
- Development of representations for Katog Rit'hröd.
- Katog Rit'hröd Drubdra (three year retreat center).
- Katog Rit'hröd Gomtra (meditation and short retreats).
- Katog Ri’throd Healing Center.
- Katog Maghada Publishing (translation, publishing, and dissemination of texts).